We all have a busy schedule, so living a healthy lifestyle can be a challenge. Watch Healthy Living Today with JR Havens and Alyssa Marino to learn about healthy eating, exercise, and overall wellness. Catch Healthy Living Today every Monday on Country Morning Today.
Get Your Plate in Shape
March marks the beginning of national nutrition month and we have some ways to keep your plate in shape.
St. Alexius dietician, Joan Nagel, shares some tips for keeping especially healthy this month.
Learn about plate proportions about how to get yourself back on track.
Follow these tips to get yourself started:
1) Make half your plate fruits and vegetables.
2) Make at least half your grains whole.
3) Switch to fat-free or low-fat milk.
4) Vary your protein choices.
5) Cut back on sodium and empty calories from solid fats and added sugars.
6) Enjoy your food but eat less.
7) Be physically active your way.
And that`s just the tip of the iceberg.
Click the above video to learn more.