Attention Dish Network customers:
Dish Network's agreement with KFYR-TV, your local NBC affiliate, expired on April 30, 2012.
We were unable to come to terms on a fair deal, and the offer presented from Dish Network was far lower than what we have received from most every other system we have a deal with. It is our desire to continue to negotiate to reach a settlement and get KFYR-TV back on the system.
The current situation:
Negotiations with Dish Network have been ongoing for many weeks. Both sides have negotiated in good faith towards a new agreement. Although we are currently at an impasse, we remain optimistic that we will reach a new deal for carriage of KFYR-TV-NBC on Dish.
Dish Network's final offer to KFYR-TV remains significantly below what most other cable systems have agreed to pay us in our television market.
We understand your frustration and appreciate your patience and support. Please continue to tell Dish Network to negotiate a fair deal with KFYR-TV-NBC on their system. Call Dish Network at 888-454-7936 to register your concerns.
Remember, other cable and satellite operators continue to provide KFYR-TV-NBC, including Midcontinent Communications, Consolidated Communications and DirecTV.
And we are always available free over the air with an antenna.
What are the facts?
* The carriage terms we offered Dish Network are consistent with what other operators pay broadcasters across the country, and reflects fair compensation for our programming.
* Our offer to Dish Network is consistent with agreements we have already reached with other cable operators in the market who recognize the value of the programming offered by our station.
* KFYR-TV’s carriage agreement with Dish Network expired on April 30, 2012. Both sides have been working hard to negotiate a new agreement.
What is the problem?
* KFYR-TV and Dish Network are negotiating a new long-term carriage agreement. Dish Network does not want to pay fair value for our programming.
* KFYR-TV offers some of the highest rated, most popular programming on Dish Network's system.
* In addition to local news and weather coverage that you count on, KFYR-TV provides popular shows such as LIVE With Kelly, The Doctors, Wheel of Fortune, Jeopardy, and NBC's Prime Time lineup.
* KFYR-TV has offered Dish Network very generous terms for carriage of its highly rated local television station. But Dish Network has responded with a below market proposal that would pay KFYR-TV far less than Dish Network pays for much lower rated cable channels.
What can I do?
* Tell Dish Network to stop playing games, keep our station on its lineup, and finish negotiating with KFYR-TV. Dish Network charges you a lot of money to watch your favorite television shows. It now refuses to include the best entertainment and news programming on television. Why should you pay top dollar for its service?
* You can register a complaint by contacting Dish Network at www.dishnetwork.com or 888-454-7936.
* Other cable and satellite operators will continue to provide KFYR-TV-NBC, including Midcontinent Communications (www.midcocom.com or 800-888-1300), Consolidated Communications (www.ctctel.com or 701-483-4000), and DirecTV (www.directv.com or 888-777-2454).
* KFYR-TV, and our sister stations KMOT, KUMV and KQCD, are available over the air with an antenna for free.
What is next?
* We will continue to negotiate with Dish Network and attempt to put in place a new agreement.
* KFYR-TV will continue to offer quality news, sports and entertainment programming that our viewers have come to expect.