Child Support Sets Record
North Dakotans are taking care of their kids financially. According to the North Dakota Department of Human Services, the Child Support Division collected a record $140.96 million in court-ordered child support payments last year. This surpasses 2011`s collection amount by 4.25 percent. The division also set an all-time monthly collections record of $14 million in March 2012.
About 86 percent of the collected funds go directly to families. The remaining 14 percent goes to reimburse public assistance programs, to other states for children living there, and to the federal government.
The North Dakota Child Support program serves over 65,000 children and almost 79,000 parents
COMMENT ON THIS STORY
BACK TO NEWS
| BACK TO BISMARCK STORIES